This strawberry cheesecake has a light-weight and creamy base topped with a scrumptious strawberry topping manufactured from recent strawberries and lemon juice! Read on for detailed tips about the best way to make the perfect strawberry cheesecake! This recipe is a variation on this New York cheesecake.
This strawberry cheesecake is a superb mixture of wealthy, creamy New York cheesecake and shiny, selfmade strawberry sauce! It makes the perfect summertime dessert and is ideal for utilizing these recent, ripe, seasonal strawberries.
Strawberry cheesecake can be nice for bringing to a potluck and is a surprising dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas, making it an outstanding dessert for the vacations.
The selfmade strawberry topping is the spotlight of this cheesecake! It consists of each puréed and halved strawberries to make a vibrant, shiny crimson sauce that is skinny sufficient to pour however thick sufficient to remain on the cheesecake.
The halved strawberry items create a wonderful presentation and add texture to this topping. It’s a putting sauce that may be added to loads of different desserts, not simply cheesecake.
Tips for the perfect strawberry cheesecake
Ingredients for Strawberry Cheesecake
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- Graham crackers – Use a meals processor to make crumbs or place the crackers in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin or a kitchen mallet.
- Cream cheese – Use softened full-fat cream cheese. My most well-liked technique is to microwave them on 50% energy for 20 seconds at a time.
- Sour cream – Use full-fat bitter cream for the perfect taste. For a silkier, softer model exchange half the bitter cream with heavy cream.
- Eggs – I like to recommend room temperature eggs for simple mixing.
- Sugar – Use effective, granulated sugar that rapidly dissolves within the batter.
Strawberry Topping Ingredients
- Strawberries – Use recent, ripe strawberries. Half of the strawberries are puréed to create a easy, viscous sauce. Halve the opposite half or minimize them into massive items so as to add texture.
- Sugar – Use effective granulated sugar. Start with much less and regulate with extra if wanted.
- Lemon juice – Use recent lemon juice. It provides the right quantity of brightness to the sauce.
- Cornstarch – A little bit of cornstarch barely thickens the strawberry sauce to provide it the right pouring consistency to prime this cheesecake.
Strawberry Cheesecake – Step by Step Photos
- Prepare the graham cracker crust by making graham cracker crumbs in a meals processor. Add the melted butter, sugar, and salt and course of another time to create a consistency much like moist sand.
- Next, press the crumbs right into a springform pan that is lined on the underside with a parchment paper spherical after which double-lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Make positive to firmly press on the underside and aspect crust. Finally, bake for 8 to 10 minutes after which put aside.
- Add the softened cream cheese, eggs, bitter cream, sugar, and vanilla to a big mixing bowl. Use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer to create a easy, creamy batter that is freed from lumps.
- To take away air bubbles, combine for 1 to 2 minutes on the lowest pace. This will push up massive air bubbles that may create cracks. Once they attain the floor, pop the air bubbles.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and bang the pan a number of occasions on the counter to take away massive air bubbles.
- Place the springform pan in a bigger roasting pan and fill it with a couple of inches of scorching water. This known as a water bathtub or baine marie and permits the cheesecake to bake at a fair, constant temperate whereas creating a moist atmosphere. This prevents the cheesecake from drying out and cracking.
- Bake the cheesecake for 75 minutes after which flip off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside.
- Open the oven door barely and let the cheesecake slowly lower in temperature for one hour. Afterward, take away the cheesecake from the water bathtub and take away the foil. Once it reaches room temperature, calmly cowl and chill within the fridge for at the very least 4 hours to in a single day.
Removing air bubbles and inserting the cheesecake in a water bathtub ought to stop any cracks from forming, as you’ll be able to see from the photograph beneath. But do not sweat it in case your cheesecake cracks. There’s a scrumptious strawberry topping ready to cowl up any cracks so nobody will see them!
Strawberry Cheesecake Topping – Step by Step Photos
- Cut half the strawberries in half and set them apart. Purée the remaining half and blend within the cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. Then, add it to a pot and warmth over medium-high warmth till it reaches a boil and thickens.
- Add the halved strawberry items and gently stir to mix.
- Taste and regulate with extra lemon juice or sugar, relying on the sweetness of the strawberries. For a thinner sauce, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time whereas maintaining in thoughts the sauce thickens as soon as cooled.
- When now not scorching, prime the cheesecake with the strawberry topping whereas reserving further sauce for serving on the aspect.
To serve, dip a skinny knife in scorching water and wipe it dry. Warming the knife permits for easy, even slices with out dragging or tearing the cheesecake. Wipe off any extra and dip it in scorching water once more. Repeat for each slice. Serve and luxuriate in!
This strawberry cheesecake has a light-weight and creamy base topped with a scrumptious strawberry topping manufactured from recent strawberries and lemon juice! Read on for detailed tips about the best way to make the perfect strawberry cheesecake!
Use a meals processor to make graham cracker crumbs. Alternatively, crush them in a resealable bag utilizing a rolling pin or kitchen mallet. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter, sugar, and salt. It ought to resemble moist sand and maintain its form when pressed. Add the crumbs to the pan and firmly pat right down to get a fair layer on the underside and sides. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Set apart.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 ½ tablespoons butter, 1 ½ tablespoons sugar, pinch of salt
Make the batter: Reduce the oven to 325°F. Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, eggs, sugar, bitter cream, vanilla, and salt till easy and creamy on medium-high pace. Scrape down the edges and backside midway via. Lastly, take away massive air bubbles by lowering the pace to the bottom setting for 1 to 2 minutes.
2 8oz packages cream cheese, 2 eggs, ⅔ cup sugar, ⅔ cup bitter cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Water bathtub: Pour the batter into the springform pan and take away any air bubbles by banging the pan onto the kitchen counter lined with a kitchen towel. Put the springform pan into a bigger roasting pan and add scorching water a couple of inches up the aspect to create a water bathtub.
- Bake: Bake at 325°F for 75 minutes. Turn off the oven and use a wood spoon to crack open the oven door. Let the cheesecake slowly scale back in temperature for one hour then take away it from the oven.
- Chill: Remove the cheesecake from the water bathtub and take away the foil. Once it reaches room temperature, loosely cowl and chill within the fridge for at the very least 4 hours to in a single day.
- Halve about half the strawberries and set them apart. Purée the opposite half of the strawberries utilizing a blender or meals processor. Pour the purée right into a pot and blend within the cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. Heat over medium-high warmth and produce it to a boil.
1 ½ lbs strawberries, 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch, 3 to six tablespoons sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Turn off the warmth and add the strawberry halves. Taste and regulate with extra sugar or lemon juice as wanted. If wanted, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time. Note: The sauce will thicken because it cools.
Top with strawberry sauce and serve
- Add the cooled strawberry topping to the cheesecake, reserving some for serving on the aspect. Cut slices utilizing a skinny knife that is been dipped in scorching water and wiped dry earlier than every slice. Serve and luxuriate in!
✎ Recipe Notes
- Graham cracker crust – Reduce the quantity by half should you solely desire a backside crust with no sides.
- Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese for greatest outcomes. To soften, go away at room temperature or microwave for 20 seconds at a time at half energy till comfortable (my most well-liked technique).
- Sour cream – Replace half the bitter cream with heavy cream for a softer, silkier texture. This gives you a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake that is velvety comfortable. I extremely advocate this for many who want comfortable cheesecakes over dense ones.
Storage: Store within the fridge for as much as 3 days or freeze the plain cheesecake for as much as 1 month. I do not advocate freezing the strawberry topping because it will get watery when thawed. Thaw the cheesecake within the fridge in a single day and serve with strawberry topping. Store leftover strawberry sauce within the fridge for 3 days in an hermetic container.
- Crust: Use a flat-bottomed measuring cup with straight sides to simply press down the graham cracker crumbs.
- Crack-free cheesecake: Cracks can kind in cheesecakes as a result of air bubbles, over-mixing, and improper temperature. Avoid opening the oven throughout baking to maintain the temperature constant.
- Once it is completed baking, permit the cheesecake to relaxation within the oven with the door cracked for an hour to let the temperature lower slowly. This prevents the cheesecake from collapsing and cracking.
- Once the cheesecake involves room temperature, cowl it loosely to forestall any condensation from dripping onto the cheesecake.
- Chill in a single day for greatest outcomes.
- Make-ahead for the vacations – Strawberry cheesecake could be made as much as 2 days upfront and saved within the fridge.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 302IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
The cheesecake base could be frozen for as much as 1 month. I do not advocate freezing the strawberry topping because it will get watery when thawed. Thaw the cheesecake within the fridge in a single day and add the strawberry topping earlier than serving.
The strawberry topping could be saved in an hermetic container and refrigerated for 3 days.
Yes, strawberry cheesecake could be made forward of time and refrigerated for 3 days. Or you’ll be able to freeze the cheesecake individually for as much as 1 month and thaw within the fridge in a single day. Add the strawberry topping proper earlier than serving.