This recent strawberry cake is stuffed with strawberry taste! Soft layers of sponge cake are sandwiched between fluffy whipped cream and heaps of recent strawberries! It’s a phenomenal strawberry layer cake everybody will love, particularly throughout the summer season!
This recent strawberry cake is one of the best ways to take pleasure in candy, ripe strawberries! Strawberries with whipped cream are the most effective mixture, in my view, but it surely’s even higher when served with smooth, light-as-air sponge cake.
The strawberry taste shines by means of on this cake by leaving the strawberries recent and unheated. Fresh strawberries are the star of this layer cake, so you should definitely get candy, juicy strawberries at their peak.
Serve this strawberry cake for birthdays, Easter, summer season gatherings, or holidays. Sprinkle powdered sugar on prime for a festive look and function a Christmas cake.
Strawberry Cake Ingredients
- Cake flour – Cake flour produces a smooth, gentle sponge cake that is the right texture for this strawberry cake.
- Eggs – I used massive room temperature eggs.
- Vegetable oil – Use any impartial vegetable oil. This provides moisture and richness to the cake.
- Sugar – Use granulated white sugar.
- Vanilla – Use good high quality vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.
- Strawberries – Dry the strawberries very effectively to assist the cake keep recent for longer.
- Heavy whipping cream – Use a high-fat whipping cream for the most effective outcomes.
Step by Step Photos
Steps 1 – 3: Start by beating the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, honey, and water in a big mixing bowl. The egg combination ought to triple in quantity and be gentle and fluffy.
Step 4: Check to see if the ribbon stage is achieved: raise the whisk and verify if thick ribbons circulation down and preserve their form for 3 to 4 seconds.
Step 5: Sift within the cake flour in 3 levels, gently folding after every time.
Step 6: Add the vegetable oil to the batter. Tip: to assist incorporate the oil higher, combine three heaping spoonfuls of batter with the oil earlier than including it in.
Pour the batter into two 6-inch cake pans lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 levels F till golden brown and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear.
Let the sponge cake fully cool on a wire rack earlier than slicing it into even layers.
Brush the underside layer of the cake with cake syrup, then unfold on a layer of whipped cream. Top with strawberries sliced to even thickness. Repeat with the opposite cake layers.
Decorate the highest with extra whipped cream and add recent strawberries. Serve this strawberry cake inside 2 days for the most effective taste. Enjoy and completely happy baking!
Strawberry Cake Tips
Fresh Strawberry Cake
This recent strawberry cake is stuffed with strawberry taste! Soft layers of sponge cake are sandwiched between fluffy whipped cream and a great deal of recent strawberries! It’s a phenomenal strawberry layer cake everybody will love, particularly throughout the summer season!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the underside and sides of the cake pan with parchment paper. I used two 6-inch cake pans.
Make the Cake
- Whip the eggs: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, salt, water, honey, and vanilla collectively on excessive velocity till smooth, fluffy, and pale yellow, about 8 to 10 minutes. The quantity ought to have tripled. Lift the whisk and verify for ribbons that circulation down and preserve their form for 3 to 4 seconds.
⅞ cup white sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, 6 eggs, 2 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoons honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add dry elements and oil: Sift the cake flour and baking powder into the egg combination in three elements, gently folding every time. Next, add the vegetable oil. Tip: To assist incorporate the oil higher, combine a couple of spoonfuls of the batter with the oil earlier than including it in.
1 cup cake flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ⅓ cup vegetable oil
Bake: Line two 6-inch cake pans with parchment paper alongside the edges and backside. Pour within the batter and bang the pan twice to take away massive air bubbles. Bake till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear and the crust is golden brown with a raised middle, about 27 to half-hour. See Notes part for added baking instances.
- Cool: Remove all of the parchment paper and permit the muffins to chill fully on a cooling rack.
- Add the chilly heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into a big bowl. Beat on medium-high velocity till smooth and fluffy. Avoid over mixing as it may result in graininess.
2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream, ½ to ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Cake syrup: Dissolve the sugar in scorching water. Set apart.
5 tablespoons sugar, ½ cup scorching water
Slice the cake: Slice even layers utilizing a cake leveler. I reduce every 6-inch cake into three layers to make two 3-layer muffins.
- Assemble: Working with the underside cake layer, brush on the cake syrup (if utilizing), add a layer of whipped cream, and prime with strawberry slices. Repeat the identical for the remaining cake layers. I like to recommend utilizing not more than 3 layers per cake. Top the cake with complete or halved strawberries. Serve and revel in!
✎ Recipe Notes
Strawberry cake tastes greatest when consumed inside 2 days.
I extremely suggest utilizing a kitchen scale and the metric measurements supplied for the most effective outcomes. Click on “Metric” below the elements record to entry gram measurements.
Approximate baking instances:
- Two 6-inch pans: about 27 to half-hour
- Three 6-inch pans: about 18 minutes
- Four 6-inch pans: 15 to 16 minutes
- 9×13 inch pan: about 18 minutes
Make forward and freeze:
The sponge cake base freezes amazingly effectively if frozen the identical day. Wait till it has fully cooled, then retailer it in an hermetic, freezer-safe container to keep away from frost. Thaw it within the fridge in a single day and adorn it with whipped cream and strawberries.
Troubleshooting deflated sponge cake:
- The most certainly cause is badly beating the egg whites. It’s very simple to over or under-beat egg whites. Over-beaten egg whites will look grainy and lumpy.
- Old or expired baking powder. Check the dates in your elements.
- Baking temperatures may also have an effect on the rise of sponge muffins. It’s essential to not open the oven because the temperature drop could cause the sponge cake to break down and deflate. Use an oven thermometer or calibrate your oven if not carried out just lately.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 639IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg