If you’re keen on Brussel Sprouts, then you need to do this Smoked Brussel Sprouts Recipe. They style superb and filled with smoke taste.
Easy Smoked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon:
This Smoked Brussel Sprouts recipe is loaded with taste. Adding the bacon makes it the final word vegetable recipe. The bacon fats provides the Brussel Sprouts superb taste.
Even if you’re not a fan of Brussel Sprouts, you need to give this recipe a strive. This is a straightforward facet dish to any recipe. The texture is superb they usually prepare dinner fork tender whereas having the most effective smoked taste.
This easy substances vegetable makes this facet dish finances pleasant. Feel free so as to add a balsamic glaze in case you desire. Add your favourite smoker or grilled meats to finish your meal.
Can you Smoked Brussels Sprouts?
We have made brussels sprouts many various methods. We often roast them within the oven or grilled them in a foil pan. But smoking them is now our favourite.
Smoking them with the bacon provides them the right candy and salty taste. This will turn out to be your new strategy to make you favourite veggies.
- Brussel Sprouts (trimmed and lower in half)
- Bacon (chopped)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Smoke Brussels Sprouts:
- Step 1 – Heat Smoker – Preheat a smoker to 225 levels F with a water pan.
- Step 2 – Prep the Sprouts – Cut the bacon into small items. Then trim the Brussel Sprouts by slicing the stem finish off. Then lower the Brussel Sprouts in half. We suggest taking any outer leaves off which can be brown.
- Step 3 – Cook Bacon – Fry the bacon in a big forged iron pan over medium excessive warmth. Cook for 4-5 minutes till beginning to brown.
- Step 4 – Add Veggie – Add the Brussel sports activities to the pan lower facet down. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook for the Brussel Sprouts for five minutes till they begin to brown. Then stir to toss with the chopped bacon.
- Step 5 – Cook – Move the forged iron skillet to the smoker. Cook for 45-60 minutes (stirring just a few instances) till the brussel sprouts are tender and crisp.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the smoker and the brussel sprouts are able to serve and luxuriate in.
How Long to Smoke Brussels Sprouts:
After cooking the bacon, we prefer to prepare dinner the brussels sprouts for a couple of minutes. This creates the right sear on the vegetable. Then place the skillet within the smoker for 45 minutes. Cook time will range.
The outcomes are a smoking and taste vegetable.
How to Cut Brussels Sprouts:
Before making this recipe, it is very important put together the Brussels Sprouts. This small greens can simply be discovered on the grocery retailer. Follow these tips about the way to put together in your smoker.
- The ends are robust so that you wish to lower these off. It solely takes a couple of minutes and goes in a short time.
- I additionally like to chop the brussel sprouts in halves as an alternative of leaving them complete. They prepare dinner higher and it stretches this vegetable to feed my total household.
- Remove any yellow or broken outer leaves then lower sides lengthwise to from tip to backside.
Recipe Tips for Smoked Brussels Sprouts:
- Washing the Brussel Sprouts – Make certain earlier than cooking the brussel sprouts that you just wash and trim them.
- Wood Chips – When cooking the brussels sprouts within the pellet grill use cherry, hickory, or pecan wooden chips. Choosing the proper wooden pellets in your pellet smoker provides to the flavour.
- Grill Basket – You can simply prepare dinner this recipe in your gasoline grill in a grill basket.
- Preheat Smoker – Make certain to permit the smoker to preheat to 225 levels earlier than smoking the vegetable.
- Serving – You can simply serve this facet dish with pork chops, brisket, ribs, or grilled rooster.
- Cast Iron Skillet – For greatest outcomes, we love cooking in our forged iron skillet. You can prepare dinner your bacon after which simply add within the Brussel Sprouts. Then switch to your smoker for a one pot facet dish.
Brussel Sprouts Smoker Variations Ideas:
- Seasoning – We used bacon grease to prepare dinner the Brussel Sprouts. But you may as well prepare dinner them in olive oil or melted butter. Add Italian Seasoning or crimson pepper flakes for superb taste.
- Other Vegetables – For added taste, add in garlic, onion, or peppers when cooking the Brussel Sprouts.
- Sauces – Once this facet dish is finished cooking, you possibly can simply drizzle the highest with honey, maple syrup or barbecue sauce. You may even sprinkle with parmesan cheese for the right BBQ facet dish.
- Balsamic – Brussel Sprouts drizzled with balsamic is certainly one of my favorites. After they’ve smoked you possibly can drizzle balsamic excessive for a scrumptious facet dish.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 5-7 days. We prefer to retailer the smoked brussel sprouts in particular person container. This makes for a fast facet dish so as to add with our grilled meats.
When you might be able to reheat, we suggest putting the leftover on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil excessive and season them.
Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven of 350 levels for about 5 minutes till heated. You can even reheat within the microwave however the texture could change.
Print Recipe for Smoked Brussels Sprouts:
Smoked Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat a smoker to 225 levels F with a water pan.
- Cut the bacon into small items and trim the Brussel Sprouts by slicing the tip off after which lower the Brussel Sprouts in half.
- Fry the bacon in a big forged iron pan over medium excessive warmth for 4-5 minutes till beginning to brown.
- Add the Brussel sports activities to the pan lower facet down. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook for the Brussel Sports for five minutes till they begin to brown. Then stir to toss with the bacon.
- Move the forged iron skillet to the smoker. Cook for 45-60 minutes (stirring just a few instances) till the brussel sprouts are tender and crisp.
- Remove from the smoker and the brussel sprouts are able to serve and luxuriate in!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 5-7 days.
Calories 286kcal, Carbohydrates 11g, Protein 11g, Fat 23g, Saturated Fat 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat 4g, Monounsaturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0.1g, Cholesterol 37mg, Sodium 694mg, Potassium 557mg, Fiber 4g, Sugar 2g, Vitamin A 877IU, Vitamin C 96mg, Calcium 52mg, Iron 2mg