Smoked Asparagus Recipe is a scrumptious and simple solution to prepare dinner asparagus. The smoky taste makes this the proper facet dish.
The Best Smoked Asparagus:
If you might be new to smoking greens and meats, then begin with this asparagus recipe. The asparagus is sprinkle with easy seasoning and lemon to create a scrumptious facet dish.
The wonderful thing about this recipe, if you happen to can easy season and place the asparagus on the grill grates. No want to make use of a grilling basket, the asparagus spears smokes instantly on the grates.
Feel free to alter the seasoning to what you like. Serve the asparagus with grilled hen, shrimp or beef for an entire meal thought.
How to Cut Asparagus Correctly:
When making ready Thick Asparagus Spears for the smoker, it is very important reduce off the ends which are powerful.
These straightforward steps will put together your asparagus stalks.
- Trim the Woody Ends – Then ends of the asparagus are powerful to eat, so that they have to be trimmed off.
- Snap the Ends – To determine the place to chop, gently bend the asparagus. Where the asparagus bends is the beginning of the tender half.
- Line the Asparagus – Place the asparagus on a slicing board and reduce the ends off. We use a sharp knife to trim off the woody ends.
- Clean and Season – Once you have got trimmed them, then season them and put together for the smoker.
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon reduce in half
How to Smoke Asparagus:
- Step 1 – Prepare Smoker – Preheat a smoker to 225 levels F with a water pan.
- Step 2 – Trim Asparagus – Remove the powerful ends of the asparagus by snapping the ends off.
- Step 3 – Season Asparagus – Then place the asparagus in a medium dimension mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on prime and season with the salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Step 4 – Asparagus toss to Cover – Then toss the asparagus with seasonings. Make positive that they’re evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 5 – Put the Asparagus in Smoker – Then place the asparagus throughout the gates within the smoker. Close the lid and grill for 6-10 minutes. Flipping them midway by the prepare dinner time till the asparagus are tender and charred barely.
- Step 6 – Smoke Asparagus at 225 levels – Smoke the asparagus for 50-70 minutes (flipping after half-hour). Smoke till the asparagus is tender however nonetheless crisp.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Then take away the asparagus. Squeeze the contemporary lemon juice on prime of the asparagus and serve whereas heat. Enjoy!
How to Tell when Asparagus is Cooked:
When your asparagus is cooked, the colour shall be shiny inexperienced. If you maintain the asparagus, it ought to have a slight bent. You need the asparagus to be tender however crispy.
Smoked Asparagus Tips:
- Preheat Smoker – Make positive to preheat the smoker earlier than including within the asparagus. It must be preheated to about 225 levels.
- Prepare Asparagus – Make positive to organize the asparagus by cleansing and chopping off the powerful ends.
- Wood Chips – Smoke the asparagus with hickory, mesquite or cherry wooden chips in your pellet smoker.
- Single Layer – When smoking asparagus, be sure place the asparagus in a single layer on the grill grates.
- Cooking Asparagus – Make positive you don’t overcook the asparagus. You may have to alter the cooking time primarily based on the dimensions of the asparagus.
What to Serve with Smoked Asparagus:
Smoked Asparagus might be served as a facet dish for a lot of completely different recipes. These are a few of our favourite meats to prepare dinner with asparagus.
- Blackstone Steak Recipe – Cooking Blackstone Steak is simple and scrumptious with the proper sear each time. These steaks come out tender, juicy and cooked to perfection.
- Grilled Shrimp – Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone turns shrimp crispy, juicy and stuffed with taste. Cooking shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle is quick, straightforward and a household favourite.
- Grilled Chicken – Make these straightforward Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs for all of your summer season BBQ’s. The marinade leaves these hen thighs so flavorful.
Asparagus Smoker Variations Ideas:
- Seasoning – Feel free to alter the seasoning to combine with the asparagus. You can add in cloves garlic, tablespoons butter, or parmesan cheese.
- Red Pepper Flakes – For an additional taste add in a teaspoon of crimson pepper flakes to season the asparagus. We love the pure sweetness of the asparagus.
- Other Ways to Cook – We love utilizing our smoker, however we additionally love grilling asparagus and roasting asparagus. We have made foil packs with aluminum foil to prepare dinner the asparagus in.
How to Store Smoker Asparagus:
Leftover smoked asparagus must be saved within the fridge. Place in an air tight container and it’ll final about 3 days. Asparagus reheats effectively within the microwave along with your leftover meats.
Print Recipe for Smoked Asparagus:
- Preheat a smoker to 225 levels F with a water pan.
- Remove the powerful ends of the asparagus by snapping the ends off.
- Then place the asparagus in a medium dimension mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on prime and season with the salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Then toss the asparagus to make it possible for they’re evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Then place the asparagus throughout the gates within the smoker. Close the lid and grill for 6-10 flipping them midway by the prepare dinner time till the asparagus are tender and charred barely.
- Smoke the asparagus for 50-70 minutes (flipping after half-hour) till the asparagus is tender however nonetheless crisp.
- Then take away the asparagus. Squeeze the contemporary lemon juice on prime of the asparagus and serve whereas heat. Enjoy!
Calories 55kcal, Carbohydrates 5g, Protein 3g, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Sodium 584mg, Potassium 235mg, Fiber 2g, Sugar 2g, Vitamin A 859IU, Vitamin C 6mg, Calcium 29mg, Iron 2mg