This Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings recipe has four ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. They’re the perfect juicy wings for a busy weeknight and quick meal. Learn how to make chicken wings with tender meat and crisp skin that your whole family will enjoy.
Why Make This
- Quick and easy recipe: these ninja foodi wings require just four ingredients and come together in about 30 minutes, including a short prep. Plus, you can get all of ingredients easily from the grocery store, making perfect for someone looking for a no-fuss, simple recipe.
- Crispy wings without breading: just like my air fryer whole wings, this recipe helps you make delicious chicken wings without any flour or breading.
- Perfect for game day: chicken wings are the best finger food. With or without your favorite sauce, these wings will make a great addition to your game day or appetizer menu.
- Chicken Wings: In this recipe, I’m using fresh chicken wings. You could also use previously frozen chicken wings, but I recommend that you thaw them out for this recipe.
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil Spray: This helps the spices stick to the chicken wings and assists with browning the wing skin. Recently, I’ve been using the oil in a sprayer, but you can also just drizzle the oil on top of the wings
- Salt-free Herb Spice: This is a spice blend of more than 24 spices like garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, lemon peel, and sage. I love using it because it packs a lot of flavor in one bottle.
- Sea salt: I’m using fine sea salt because it allows the salt to spread through the chicken evenly.
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact ingredient amounts and the full step-by-step instructions.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Wings
Air Frying chicken wings in your ninja foodi is actually quite easy. Here are the key steps:
- Prepare the chicken wings: place the wings in a large bowl or on a cutting board and pat them dry with paper towels (remove as much moisture as possible to help the wings crisp). Season the chicken wings with spices, salt and oil. Toss them to coat.
- Place wings in the air fryer: Add the chicken to the air fryer basket (also called the crisper basket)
- Air Crisp: set the function to the air crisp setting, the temperature to 400 degrees, and the timer to 12 minutes, then select start.
- Flip the wings and repeat step 3. for best results, I flip the wings halfway through. This helps the wings cook evenly and also brown.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- I tested this recipe in my 11-in-one Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker (which also works as an air fryer, steamer and sauté pan). You can also use the Ninja Foodi Grill or a regular air fryer.
- Flip the chicken halfway through for even browning
- Salt to taste: I’m using 1/2 tsp of sea salt per pound. Feel free to lower the salt or omit it.
- Adjust the main spice mix if you wish: there are different ways to make this recipe. Since the main spice blend is salt-free, you can swap it for other salt-free mixes like lemon pepper seasoning or dry rub, or cajun seasoning.
- Sauce optional: you can enjoy these wings as is or add things like buffalo sauce, bbq sauce, or honey garlic sauce once the wings are through cooking.
Storage and Leftovers
Store leftover Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken wings in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The cook time depends on the size of your wings as well as how browned you’d like your chicken. But, generally, they are ready in 24-30 minutes when you cook them at 400 degrees.
I prefer to air fry my wings because it takes half the time as baked chicken wings. They also require about the same amount of oil to get a tender crispy result.
More Ninja Foodi Wings
Cooking chicken wings in the air fryer is one of my favorite things. Here are some other Ninja Foodi recipes:
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
Make Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings with four simple ingredients using this easy recipe. Perfect on busy weeknights as a quick main dish.
- 1 lb Chicken Wings fresh drumettes, party wings, or whole wings cut into drumettes and flats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp 24 herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Add the wings to a large bowl or ziploc bag with the sea salt, herb seasoning, and oil (if you are using cooking spray, simply spray the oil on the wings when they are in the air fryer basket). Toss the chicken to coat.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket.
- Air Crisp the wings at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes per side.
Calories: 264kcalProtein: 15gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 447mgPotassium: 127mgVitamin A: 120IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg