This is quite infuriating when your computer is operating normally, especially when you have forgotten your computer’s login password! The annoyance is amplified if you’re using a high-end, branded laptop, such as an Acer. And you’re unsure How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password. While the majority of people are unaware that Acer laptops must be reset to factory settings without a password, the process is actually rather simple.
The developer has taken certain precautions against such occurrences. You can use them to do a factory reset on your Acer laptop, which will wipe everything associated with the password and allow you to re-access your computer.
Factory reset with ALT + F10 without any discs
This is the first way for resetting an Acer laptop without a password. This procedure is applicable to systems running Windows 10, 8.1, or 8.
Before beginning this recovery procedure, you must boot the laptop. This is a simple method because it simply takes you to boot your Acer laptop into recovery mode to restore factory settings.
Nota bene: This procedure is only applicable to Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8.
Acer laptop factory reset procedure using “reverse” + “F10.”
Take the following steps:
- Press and hold the power key for 5 seconds to completely shut down the laptop.
- By hitting the power button on the Acer laptop, turn it on. Simultaneously press the “Alt” + “F10” keys when the Acer logo appears on the screen.
- Choose an option by clicking “Choose an Option.”
- “Troubleshoot” should be selected.
- Select “Reset this computer.” The operation completely deletes all data from your PC. To retain your data, select the Reset your PC option.
- Select “Erase Everything.”
- To resume data recovery, click “Resume.”
- Allow sufficient time for the reset process to complete. This process may take a few moments. Finally, you will use the “ALT” + “F10” keys to reset the Acer laptop without a password.
Recover Acer Laptop Password with Ophcrack Free Tool
- Download the Ophcrack Live CD ISO file in its appreciation version.
- Burn the Ophcrack Live CD ISO image to a USB flash drive or CD / DVD burner.
- Insert the removable device (USB or CD made with the Ophcrack LiveCD ISO file) into the laptop, followed by the locked Acer. The Acer laptop will then boot from the removable device.
- When the Ophcrack Live CD menu appears, you can either press Enter to select the first choice or wait for it to appear automatically by doing nothing. Because the entire process of recovering Windows passwords using Ophcrack Live CD is automated, you do not need to do anything after booting an Acer laptop from a bootable disc.
- Ophcrack Live CD is automatically loaded. It’s moving quickly on the screen, so don’t panic; you’re not required to do anything here.
- The information about the hard disc partitions is displayed.
- Passwords for user accounts on Acer computers can be recovered. Ophcrack Live CD will attempt to recover the passwords for all user accounts on the computer’s operating system. Locate your user account in the list and look to the right of the NT PWD column for the password. However, because I was unable to locate my user account in the Ophcrack Live software, I needed to use another technique. If you can locate your user account’s password, key it in and press 8.
- Remove the off-the-shelf Live CD and restart the Acer laptop by pressing the power button. When you reach the Windows login page, you can log in using the newly retrieved password.
If your Acer laptop is running Windows 7 / Vista / XP, you can use this free utility – Ophcrack Live; however, my Acer laptop is running Windows 10 and this tool did not work.
Restore factory settings to your Acer laptop using the installation or repair DVD. This is true for both Windows 10 and Windows 8 / 8.1, but here are ten specific examples.
If you have a setup or restoration disc, you may reset your Windows 10/8 PC without a password by booting from the CD and then resetting the PC device to factory defaults. If you do not have a setup/repair disc, you can download the Windows 10/8 ISO file and burn it to a USB or CD to build an installation disc.
How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password via setup/repair disc:
- Connect your Acer laptop computer to the setup/restore disc.
- Using the setup/restore disc, boot your Acer laptop computer.
- Click Next on the setup display screen.
- Click “Repair this PC” in the bottom left corner.
- “Troubleshooting” should be selected.
- After that, click “Reset this PC” (on Windows 10). On Windows 8 / 8.1, the following steps vary, and you may also follow the on-screen directions to refresh or reset your Acer laptop computer.
- On the subsequent display screen, you have two options: “Keep my files” or “Remove everything.” Select “Remove All,” which will assist you in deleting your user account data and password. If you select “Keep my files,” the forgotten password will not be cleared.
- Choose your operating system.
- Choose between “Only Drive with Windows Installed” and “All Drivers” for the drive to be cleared.
- Additionally, there are two options available in the next phases; select the right one.
- Select “Just remove my files” if you are maintaining your computer.
- If you choose to recycle this computer, select “Full Clean Drive.” Simply remove the files.
- If you feel you are about to execute a factory reset on your computer, click the “Reset” button to initiate the procedure.
How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password from Air Recovery Management
This procedure is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
If your Acer laptop system is unable to start normally, it will boot into recovery management mode automatically.
If it does not automatically boot to the recovery management screen, concurrently press the “Alt + F10” buttons on the keyboard while the power is on.
- Disconnect your Acer laptop.
- To restart your Acer laptop, simultaneously press the Alt and F10 keys while the power is on.
- Restore is selected.
- After that, you have three options for resetting your Acer laptop computer to factory defaults: Restore the system to its factory defaults in its entirety. Restore the operating system while retaining user information. Alternatively, you can install drivers or programs.
- Following your selection of the desired choice, follow the on-screen directions to initiate the recovery procedure.
How to factory reset Windows 7 Acer Wish with the recovery partition
Each Windows 7 Acer laptop includes a recovery disc called Acer eResource Management, which enables you to revert to Acer’s factory default settings. To proceed with the delivery of maintenance materials, follow the procedures below:
- When the initial screen appears and you are prompted to enter the BIOS, power on your Acer and press F2.
- Navigate the primary tab with the arrow keys “Up-down-left-right.” Press F10 to quit without wasting any modifications.
- After exiting the BIOS, hold down the ALT key and continuously hit F10. After that, Windows will load the e-recovery files.
- Choose the full recovery system for factory settings and follow the on-screen instructions to wipe your computer.
FAQS– How To Reset Acer Laptops Without Password
How do I unlock my Acer laptop if I forgot the password?
Reset the password on an Acer PC running Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2008, 2012, or 2016: Start -> Navigate to the Control Panel -> Login & Family Safety (Add or Remove a User Account) -> Navigate to User Account -> Change Password -> Input Your New Password -> To change the password on your acer laptop, choose the Save & Change Password option.
How do you factory reset a laptop if you don’t know the password?
If you are locked out of your laptop and unable to log in, press and hold the Power button on the login screen while simultaneously holding down the Shift key. Then choose Troubleshooting > Reset PC. If you have access to your laptop computer, click the Start button> Settings> Update & Security> Reset this PC.
How do I completely reset my computer?
Navigate to Settings>Updates & Security>Recovery. You should see a headline reading “Reset this computer.” To begin, click Start. You can choose to keep your files or to delete everything.
Is there a reset button on Acer laptop?
Hold down the “Alt” + “F10” keys simultaneously until a blue screen appears on the monitor of your computer. These keys represent the reset button on the Acer Aspire One. Alternatively, you can choose “Refresh your PC” to reset the device to factory default settings while retaining your data.
We’ve mentioned three different methods for resolving the How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password issue. Each method is widely utilized and has a number of pros and downsides. While not all of these methods ensure a successful factory reset of the Acer laptop, resetting it via a Windows password reset is fairly efficient and convenient.
This technique is simple to use and does not require any technical knowledge. You’ll download it straight away, launch the tool, follow a few simple steps, and Reset Acer Laptop Without Password.