How to remove Computrace from a laptop? Computer theft has come a long way since the days of security padlocks and wires. Computers are composed of a Computrace module attached on the motherboard of the computer. It operates independently of the computer, transmitting a GPS signal that indicates its location. Enabling this function permanently provides an additional layer of security for your computing devices.
Computrace is not included with every computer, but it is disabled in the machine’s necessary input and output systems. Permanently activate or disable computers from the BIOS menu of the computer – but keep in mind that once a setting is changed, it cannot be changed back.
Possibility of Difficulty When Uninstalling Computrace Lajock for Laptop Premium
- Laptop Premium is not included in the LoJack programme and features of Computrace.
- You do not have sufficient access to perform the installation of Uninstall Computrace LoJack.
- This installation could not be completed because the needed file could not be launched.
- When not all files are correctly installed, an error occurs.
- Another technique that makes use of the file is to block the installation of the computer premium on the laptop premium.
- Computrace LoJack files and folders discovered on the hard disc during installation.
Step by Step Guide to How To Remove Computrace From a Laptop
If you are using a laptop, turn it off by pressing the “Power” button located on the computer tower or at the top of the keyboard bezel.
Turn on the computer and wait for the screen to display the emblem of the computer developer. When this occurs, enter the BIOS menu by pressing the BIOS access key that appears on the screen. Although BIOS keys differ by manufacturer, pressing the “Dell” or “F2” key typically brings up the BIOS menu (see Resources)
Use the arrow keys to get to the “Security” tab in the BIOS main menu, as you cannot use a computer mouse. Three computer alternatives are displayed here. It is more likely that the “Inactive” option has already been selected.
To permanently disable computers on the computer, select the “Disable” option and press “Enter” on the keyboard. Once the computer module has been disabled, it cannot be reactivated. To confirm the “Inactive” selection, press “Enter” once more.
To save the modified BIOS settings, press the “F10” key, and the machine will reboot into its operating system.
Another Way to Remove Computrace from a Laptop
Method 1: Using programmes, uninstall Computrace LoJack.
1. Programs and features that are currently open
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, there is no such option. Click Start, then click Result. In the Search Programs and Files box, type uninstall a software.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 By pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously, you can enter the One X menu and select Programs and Features.
2. Locate Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium in the list, double-click it, and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstall process.
Method 2: Using the uninstaller.exe included with Computrace LoJack, uninstall it.
The uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe executable file is found on the majority of laptop computers. These files are located in the Computrace LoJack for Laptop Premium Installation Folder.
- For Laptop Premium, navigate to the Computrace LoJack installation folder.
- X or unins000.exe to install them.
- Uninstall Computrace LoJack by double-clicking on the uninstaller file and following the wizard’s instructions.
Method 3: Using System Restore, uninstall Computrace LoJack.
The System Restore function is a built-in feature of the Windows operating system that enables users to restore the system to its original condition and uninstall apps that obstruct computer operation. Assume you created a system restore point prior to deploying the plan. In this scenario, you can use System Restore to fix your system and remove malicious apps such as Computrace LoJack. It is recommended that you backup all of your critical files and data prior to restoring the system.
- All open files and programmes should be closed.
- Right-click My Computer on the laptop and select Properties. The system window will now be displayed.
- On the left side of the System pane, click on System Protection. The window System Properties displays.
- On your laptop’s screen, choose the System Restore option, and the System Restore windows dialogue box will display.
- Click Next to select a different recovery point.
- Click Next after selecting a date and time format from the list. It would be prudent to remind you that not all programmes and drivers installed after the specified date and time will function properly and may require reinstallation.
- When the “Confirm Restore Point” dialogue displays, please click Finish.
- Click Yes once more to confirm.
Method 4: Uninstall Laptop Premium by reinstalling Computer Jack.
When the uninstall file for Computer Jack for Laptop Premium is corrupted or missing, this programme will fail to uninstall. In these instances, reinstalling Computer Jack for Laptop Premium may suffice. To reinstall the programme, run the installer from either the original disc or the downloaded file. Occasionally, the installer includes an option to repair or reinstall the programme.
How to Remove Computrace From a Laptop in Dell Latitude
To enter the BIOS, you must first disable Computrace by launching it and using the F2 key. Once in the BIOS, navigate to the Security page. You will see where the Computrace is disabled.
This entry enables or disables the optional Computrace software’s BIOS module interface. There are three settings: Deactivate, Disable, and Activate.
The Computrace Agent from Absolute Software is a service solution that assists in tracking assets and provides recovery services in the event that a Computrace is lost or stolen. Computrace® Agent communicates with scheduled intervals to provide absolute software for server tracking service monitoring.
By activating the service, you consent to the use of the Computrace and virtual software monitoring servers to collect and transmit data. Computrace® has been acquired as an option, and the monitoring server’s agent security module will be enabled via the BIOS interface. The Corporation owns the registered trademarks Computrace and Absolute Solutions.
FAQs – How to Remove Computrace From a Laptops?
Should I disable Computrace?
There is a risk of this happening if the Windows environment running in the Computrace is inserted. Computrace is a self-contained unit that can be turned on and off. If a person with a lifelong impairment kills him permanently, this is a noble act.
How do I find Computrace on my computer?
How can I determine if my system contains Computrace? The simplest and most efficient method is to use the rpcnet.exe process in Task Manager or the file with the same name in your C: Windows System 32 directory. I discovered – you have compressed.
Does replacing BIOS chips remove Computrace?
“Will flashing the BIOS disable the Computrace?” No, because it is contained within the stiff section of the BIOS.”
Can a Dell laptop be tracked if stolen?
When a user’s laptop is lost or stolen, they should contact Dell’s Laptop Tracking & Recovery Support centre in accordance with the terms of the applicable customer service agreement. The Dell Laptop Computrace Tracking & Recovery Team will thoroughly evaluate all of the data gathered through our Monitoring Center.
I understand that the question “How To Remove Computrace From a Laptop” is a little perplexing and tough to resolve. However, I have made every effort to resolve your issue. Please carefully read the preceding post; we hope you will understand and resolve your issue. If you have any questions about this post or believe you know a better solution to this subject, please leave a comment below.