Recording games on your PC has never been easier thanks to Nvidia’s GeForce Shadowplay software. In addition, it captures those moments that would otherwise be unrecorded.
Aside from gaming, you can also utilise it to record what’s happening on your desktop. I’ll show you How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop.
In order to capture your desktop using Shadowplay, you must have at least 600 graphics cards. If you’re recording on a laptop, you’ll need at least a 660M GPU.
If you have a laptop or notebook with switchable graphics, you will be unable to record a desktop on it. Here’s How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
For Windows PCs with GeForce GPUs, Nvidia has developed a hardware-accelerated screen capturing tool called ShadowPlay. In order to save the video again and over again, it can be set to record at a specific time in the past. Any or all of the Nvidia GTX 600 series cards are supported.
Using either NVFBC or Inband Frame Readback, it can capture data (NVIFR). Use of the full-screen NVFBC is employed. Capturing a single window rather than the complete frame buffer is made possible by NVIFR. However, this has a negative impact on the results.
H.264 encoder, which captures up to 4K at 130 Mbit/s, does not affect the rest of the system performance once it has captured a frame. It allows you to set the bitrate manually, and the accessible ranges are dependent on the screen’s resolution.
Nvidia ShadowPlay was created from the Nvidia Share, a hardware-accelerated screen recording utility built for the Nvidia Shield. However, Nvidia Share, which was scheduled to be published in June 2013, was postponed and released in the summer of 2013 but still delayed.
On the 20th of September, an Nvidia Forum representative posted to the GeForce forums to clarify that the product had been delayed because to issues with video format. On October 28, 2013, it was released as a public beta for the 331.65 drivers.
Cost of Shadowplay
When it comes to Nvidia’s ShadowPlay, performance varies depending on the configuration of your computer. However, it’s free, easy to use, and can be recorded or streamed on Twitch in the final moments of your game.
Use of AMD’s Shadowplay
The screenshot and video capture method used by AMD is similar to the ShadowPlay overlay and is applicable to both desktop and non-game applications. Alt-Z is the default hotkey in ReLive, as it is in ShadowPlay, but the user interface can be customised.
Without Nvidia, Shadowplay
Nvidia, AMD, and Intel all have their own APIs, so there is no one API for all three. There is some good news: they’re all hardware-encoders! In addition to NVENC and AMD’s Advanced Media Framework, QuickSync is available on Intel-based systems as well. OBS, for example, is an excellent choice for all three of these scenarios.
FPS with shadowplay?
By the time the programme is tested, its performance will be reduced by 100%. This means a higher framerate can be achieved by decreasing the percentage. Virtually all of the NVidia 780 Ti’s performance is retained in ShadowPlay.
How to Enable Shadowplay on Laptop?
The Nvidia Shadow I’m a big fan of the current version of the Nvidia Graphics Card capturing tool. For its ability to record games without putting too much strain on the processor or graphics card.
Unfortunately, you can only use it on a graphics card if you don’t have a laptop with a GTX series of high-powered graphics cards. Despite the fact that most laptop GPUs are capable of handling this.
- Nvidia’s graphics driver
- Nvidia Geforce’s most recent gaming adventure
- GeForce GTX 260M Graphics Card for Windows Vista
- You must first locate the C:Program Files (x86)NVIDIA CorporationNVIDIA GeForce ExperienceGFExperience.exe file in C:Program Files (x86)NVIDIA Corporation.
- Make a shortcut to the executable files by searching for them and then warning and creating a shortcut on the desktop.
- Select the shortcut, right-click it, select Properties, find the target in the shortcut tab, add “-shadowplay,” and click OK.
- If you want to open Nvidia Shadowplay quickly, just click the shortcut. You can now use Nvidia Shadowplay on your laptop.
How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
- Geforce’s Open Experience. In your user options, it should be available automatically, however it should be made clear if it is not a simple search.
- The Geforce Experience game overlay can be accessed by clicking the triangular icon or by hitting Alt+Z when the overlay is open.
- To change your settings, use the cog-shaped configuration icon. Access to options may be limited if you disable instant replay.
- To allow screenshotting of the desktop, go to “Control of Privacy” and click “Yes”.
- To enable immediate playback, click the round button in the corner of your screen. If the icon doesn’t appear, restart your computer.
- You’ll know when Shadowplay is ready to record when the indication appears.
- To record your desktop, press Alt+F9 or the binding of your choice.
- And there you have it! By following the basic instructions in this video, you may take clear photos of your desktop or notebook.
Using Shadowplay to Stream Videos
In OBS Studio, OBS Streamlabs, or NVIDIA Shadowplay, you can start a stream by clicking the “Stream” button. After that, you may check your streaming platform’s dashboard to see how well your stream is performing.
FAQs – How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop?
How Do I Record a Video on My Computer?
Using the camera icon or the Start Capture button, you can snap a simple screenshot of what’s happening on your screen. You may also hit Win + Alt + R instead of going via the Game Bar pane to start your recording.
Can You Record Your Screen With Geforce Experience?
If you wish to manually record your games, you can do so with GeForce Experience. You only need to select the GeForce Experience recording option to begin recording. On Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube, you can broadcast your games.
How Do I Pull Up Nvidia Overlay?
Using “Alt+Z” or the Share icon, you may access the powerful features you know and love. Full-screen and window recording at 60 frames per second in up to 4K resolution is now possible with GeForce Experience’s new overlay.
How do I get privacy control on GeForce experience?
Select the Share option in the General tab of GeForce Experience’s Settings menu. Press this key binding to bring up the Share overlay. Scroll down to Privacy Control after clicking the settings button in the Share overlay. No need to worry if you select Yes.
Knowing How to Record Desktop With Shadowplay on Laptop? It will be quite beneficial to you. Consider using NVIDIA confidentiality if ShadowPlay fails to capture the desktop screen. You can fix this by launching ShadowPlay, going to “Settings,” selecting “General,” and turning on the “Share” switch there. All you have to do is make sure it’s on.