NS was a game-changer for the company. The Switch has become a phenomenon, selling an astounding 55 million units in its first three months of availability. Even non-players are enjoying themselves with this portable gadget because it has earned the admiration of many players.
The Switch has a huge touchscreen and wireless joysticks that can be adjusted for mobile devices. There are also several exclusive AAA titles to choose from in the library. However, the popularity of the Nintendo Dock was also a big factor. NS is a great way to go around town, get to work, attend events, and have a wonderful time.
But when at home, How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop? You can play on a larger screen by connecting the Dock to your television or computer monitor. However, many of us do not own a television or monitor. If we want a big screen, we’ll need a laptop. Is it possible to link the Nintendo Switch to a computer?
“Nintendo” is a Japanese firm that has been a part of the gaming community since 1889, when it created Hanafuda’s handcrafted game cards. The Switch is the name of this company’s best-known product, which has been around for a long time.
In terms of home game setups, the Nintendo Switch is the most popular console and is supported by your television for a really immersive experience. Playing on the integrated display is difficult for people who are accustomed to playing on huge screens. Today’s topic, however, is How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop. You may use the Nintendo Switch as a portable yet powerful display device everywhere you might take your laptop.
You can, however, utilise a laptop for this purpose. However, for this technique to be effective, a certain conditions must be met. To use your Nintendo Switch as a display screen on your laptop, the following items are required.
- A Video Recording Device.
- HDMI Cord.
- Capturing Software for video.
- Nintendo’s Docking Station.
- A laptop and a Nintendo Switch are a given.
- Nintendo’s docking station
With Nintendo Dock, you can play games on your TV at home by simply docking your Nintendo system to it. The docking station does not add more storage or performance. In other words, it’s just a method to enjoy video games on a larger screen.
That this small equipment was free to use is important. As an added bonus, it comes with a Nintendo Switch. This Nintendo Switch dock is provided by the console.
In our case, we just inserted the Switch into the Dock, plugged in a few cords, and were ready to play on a larger screen. Fortunately, there’s a Nintendo Dock that can be used as a screen for a laptop.
To complete the job, you’ll need a captured card. Capturing high-definition video streams from PS4, Xbox One, or Wii games requires the use of a capture card.
In order to stream live and convert your old movie sources to HD, professional gamers rely on the cards they have acquired.
A novice may have a difficult time deciding on a sound card. Elgato Gamer capture card is the best on the market and a popular seller. We recommend it.
The Nintendo Switch may be used on a laptop with the help of this card. You can connect it to a TV with HDMI input and output. Prior to purchasing a capture card, make sure to check both of the USB ports.
It’s possible to use any HDMI cable in your home for this reason. A high-quality HDMI cable is included in the Nintendo Switch’s box; you can also use it.
A high-definition media interface is represented by an HDMI cable. This type of high-definition cable transmits audio and video signals with the utmost care.
The cable transmits video and audio in uncompressed format, allowing for multiple audio channels and crystal-clear images. For video and audio, all you need is one cable.
You’ll need video capture software installed on your computers before you can use them. The programme can also be used to live-stream the video on services like Twitch or others.
If you’ve used video streaming software before and are familiar with it, take use of it. If this is your first time using OBS Studio, let me suggest that you give it a try. Free and open-source software is available for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh platforms.
Elgato, the most popular software, can also be used for this purpose. For the time being, we don’t require the premium features of Elgato’s free version. Once the laptop switch is attached, we may move on to the next step.
How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop?
If you have a laptop and a Nintendo Switch, you can use it as a TV display. Consequently, you can leave your Nintendo Switch in the Dock during this process. “
- Removing the Nintendo Switch’s HDMI wire from the TV will allow you to use it on another device.
- Elgato HD60 Capture Card HDMI In port can be used to connect the Nintendo Switch’s HDMI cable to.
- So, plugging your laptop and Nintendo switch dock into a power supply is recommended for this method.
- Launch Game Capture HD on your laptop.
- Pressing the Home button on your Nintendo Switch console will allow you to switch to a controller linked to the system.
- Capture card and Elgato HD60 can be connected through USB.
- Within a few seconds, you should be able to see your Nintendo Switch’s home screen in Game Capture HD.
- It is possible that the Nintendo Switch is not being detected by Elgato’s Game Capture HD software because the HDMI cable is being plugged into the wrong port (instead of out). It should be on the same side of the USB cable as the connector.
- In the upper right corner of Game Capture HD, click the fullscreen icon. The App should fill the entire screen.
- The mouse and keyboard should be left alone. The footage from the Nintendo Switch should immediately expand to fill the entire screen. You may now play your Nintendo Switch games on your laptop as if you were playing them on the television.
- The same method can be used to view content from other HDMI-connected devices, such as a Blu-ray player or an Xbox One console.
How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop Without Capture Card?
Utilizing the Xbox One console is one option. You don’t need a capture card to stream Nintendo Switch games on Twitch and YouTube. These are the steps you must take:
- Nintendo’s Switch can be docked.
- To connect the Xbox to the gaming console, you’ll need a USB cable. Remember to connect your Xbox console’s USB port to your laptop.
- When using a laptop and a console, it’s best to connect to the same wireless network. Open Xbox OneGuide, then switch over to Nintendo.
- An Ethernet cable can be used for better quality.
- Open the Xbox app and choose the Xbox console option.
- Then install OBS and have fun gaming!
In addition, the Streamlabs Application can be downloaded from the company’s website. Gamers around the world use it to stream their gameplay. This application allows you to go live on several platforms (YouTube, Facebook).
In addition, the software works well on both Android and iOS. If you don’t have a capture card, this is the best way to connect Nintendo. Following these steps can help you:
- Install the Streamlabs app on your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Running the App requires you to connect to your YouTube or other accounts.
- Make sure your camera and microphone are turned on and ready to go.
- Make a selection of your preferred widgets. Text can also be added to your stream.
- Profiles Alert will appear on the Home Screen. Make Default Alert active.
- From the Settings menu, select Broadcast and then click Save. Set the output resolution to 720p and the frame rate to 30fps. You can go higher if you have a better Internet connection.
- Mount the Nintendo switch to a tripod on your mobile phone. Make sure your phone can capture the entire screen of the Nintendo Switch.
- Streaming is now available.
FAQs – How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptops?
Can I Use My Laptop as a Monitor for My Switch?
Keep your Nintendo Switch in its Dock during the setup process so you may utilise your laptop’s screen as a TV. Connect your laptop and capture card using the Elgato HD60 USB cable.
How Do I Link a Switch to My Laptop?
Activate the Capture Software on your laptop. Turn on the Nintendo Switch that is currently docked. The Game Capture Card must be connected via USB to your computer in order to work. The home screen of the Nintendo Switch will appear on your laptop shortly.
How Do I Connect My Nintendo Switch to My Computer?
Open up the Game Capture HD programme on your PC and begin capturing your gameplay. Press “Home” on one of the controllers to get things started. Connect Elgato to your laptop. You should now be able to see the home screen of the Nintendo Switch on your phone or tablet.
Can I use my laptop as a screen for my Nintendo Switch?
The short and simple answer is no. The Nintendo Switch’s HDMI cable will not work with your laptop because it only has one HDMI port…. There is no HDMI-in port on a laptop unless it has an integrated capture card.
Our method to explain How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch to Your Laptop? Those procedures have been simplified, and anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technology may simply follow them. In order to play Nintendo Switch games on a large screen, you must meet all of these requirements.
You may use this method to bring a large screen with you wherever you go with your Nintendo Switch. Hopefully this helps. To go around the fact that the Nintendo switch cannot be connected to a laptop in any other way, we’ve recommended simpler alternatives.