This do-it-yourself Caesar salad dressing is straightforward, simple, and tastes higher than store-bought dressing! It’s made with anchovies, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and egg yolks for wealthy and flavorful Caesar dressing prepared in simply 5 minutes!
This do-it-yourself Caesar salad dressing has the right stability between salty, acidic, and umami flavors. It’s extremely simple to make with only a handful of components and it is prepared in simply 5 minutes. Once you have had do-it-yourself Caesar dressing, you will not return to store-bought dressing once more.
Caesar dressing has Parmesan cheese and anchovies to present it tons of umami and recent lemon juice to brighten it up with the right quantity of tang. It additionally comprises uncooked egg yolks which give it a wealthy, luscious taste.
Step by Step Photos
- Start by including the egg yolks, minced garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk collectively till mixed.
- Then slowly drizzle within the further virgin olive oil whereas persevering with to whisk vigorously. The dressing ought to begin to thicken because it emulsifies with the oil. If you see separation, preserve whisking till mixed earlier than including extra oil.
- Next, add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano to the dressing and blend effectively. Taste and regulate to your desire. Add extra lemon juice, anchovies, or cheese if desired.
Serve your do-it-yourself Caesar dressing with recent romaine lettuce, croutons, and additional lemons. I wish to sprinkle extra freshly grated or sliced Parmigiano Reggiano on the salad for extra taste.
Homemade Caesar salad dressing is greatest when consumed instantly on the day it is made. I like to recommend prepping your lettuce upfront and making the dressing proper earlier than serving because it solely takes 5 minutes to make.
Variations & Substitutions
More salad dressing recipes:
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
This do-it-yourself Caesar salad dressing is straightforward, simple, and tastes higher than store-bought dressing! It’s made with anchovies, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and egg yolks for tasty Caesar dressing prepared in 5 minutes!
- Add the egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk collectively till mixed.
2 egg yolks, 2 cloves garlic, 1 ¾ Tablespoons lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoons anchovy paste, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Slowly drizzle within the olive oil whereas whisking vigorously. The dressing ought to thicken because it emulsifies with the oil. If you see separation, preserve whisking till mixed earlier than including extra oil.
¼ cup further virgin olive oil
- Lastly, add the Parmesan cheese. Taste and regulate with extra lemon juice and different seasonings to your liking. Serve with recent romaine and croutons. Enjoy!
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
✎ Recipe Notes
- Egg yolks are utilized in traditional Caesar salad dressing. I like to recommend utilizing pasteurized eggs that are eggs which were heated of their shells to cut back the danger of food-borne diseases. You can learn extra concerning the course of right here. If you favor to not use egg yolks, you may substitute with mayo. Note: Consuming uncooked or undercooked eggs might improve your danger of food-borne diseases particularly in case you have sure medical situations or are pregnant.
- Anchovy paste – Substitute with the identical quantity of anchovy fillets. If you do not have anchovy paste, you need to use a small splash of Worcestershire sauce or fish sauce as a substitute however begin gentle as it’s extremely salty.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg