This is probably the most AMAZING custard bread pudding recipe. The texture and taste of this bread pudding is absolute perfection. The outer crust is crispy and crunchy whereas the smooth, wealthy, custard-like inside simply melts in your mouth. Make this with stale French bread and generously soak it in a single day within the wealthy, creamy base to completely saturate the bread. You’ll find yourself with probably the most decadent custard bread pudding that is certain to develop into a favourite!
Pairs completely with this Bread Pudding Sauce Recipe!
Tips for Making Custard Bread Pudding:
Start with previous, dried out bread and lower it into cubes. The drier the higher since which means it will take in extra of the custard combination. If you solely have contemporary bread, wait two or three days, or slice it up and calmly toast it within the oven to dry it out utterly. Avoid any coloration whereas toasting, we simply need it to be dry.
Mix collectively the custard combination components and pour it right into a baking dish. You wish to be certain the custard combination is homogenous so preserve whisking till you now not see any separated egg whites. I whisked for about 6 – 7 minutes. Afterwards, add it to a baking dish after which gently add your dried out bread cubes. At this level you’ll be able to gently toss the bread cubes till they’re utterly lined. After about quarter-hour, they begin getting smooth and may break aside simply so keep away from stirring at this level. I like to recommend letting the bread soak for no less than 2 hours to verify the custard is solely soaked by. Overnight is even higher.
Baking your Custard Bread Pudding:
Preheat your oven and canopy the custard bread pudding with foil and set this inside a much bigger roasting pan. Pour water into the roasting pan till the water reaches the midway level of the bread pudding. Do not skip this step. This known as a water tub.
Why Use a Water Bath?
A water tub is used to make sure even cooking all through and stop curdling of the custard. The water tub insulates the custard bread pudding from the direct warmth of the oven which is a a lot larger temperature than the water tub. This is vital as a result of the upper temperature of the oven can curdle the eggs within the custard combination.
Bake it lined till your custard is ready. This will rely on how deep your baking dish is. The finest option to inform is to insert a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clear, your custard is ready. I baked mine for about an hour and a half. Afterwards uncover and let the crust get crunchy and brown. It ought to look one thing like this:
Let your custard bread pudding sit for 10 minutes earlier than slicing it, and serve your self a beneficiant slice. The within your bread pudding needs to be like custard and utterly set. If you see extra moisture than you need, scale back the oven temperature to 300 levels F and bake it for a little bit bit longer uncovered. Loosely cowl with foil if the crust begins to get too darkish.
This goes completely with this Bread Pudding Sauce Recipe. Top with berries, powdered sugar, or caramel sauce and bask in probably the most DECADENT custard bread pudding!
I hope you make this recipe! Please share, price, and remark beneath. I’d love to listen to from you!
Don’t neglect to subscribe to my e-newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen suggestions and tips! Also come discover me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and depart me a message! I really like studying your feedback!
Thanks a lot for stopping by!
Custard Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Indulge in the perfect custard bread pudding recipe! This wealthy, decadent, custard bread pudding is made with day previous french bread and a creamy custard base!
- Cube your loaf of bread into 1.5 inch cubes. Make certain your bread is dry, in any other case calmly toast your cubed bread within the oven or depart it out for a day or two.
- In a big bowl, mix all components for the custard combination. Using a whisk, make sure you combine this effectively till all of the eggs are absolutely combined in. You should not be capable to see any separated egg whites.
- Pour this combination into a big baking dish after which add within the dried bread cubes. Gently toss till all of the bread is coated. You will see numerous additional combination however this will probably be soaked up by the bread.
- Cover the baking dish and depart it within the fridge in a single day or no less than 2 hours till all of the custard combination has been soaked up.
- Preheat your oven to 350 levels F
- Cover your baking dish tightly with foil and place it into a big roasting pan and set it in a water tub that comes up midway up the baking dish. Do not skip this step or the custard will curdle.
- Bake for 1.5 hours lined or till a toothpick inserted within the center comes out clear.
- Uncover your baking dish and proceed to bake it within the roasting pan till the crust turns into browned and crispy.
Serve with Bread Pudding Sauce and a few berries or caramel sauce.
Calories: 376.53kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.01g | Protein: 11.67g | Fat: 16.06g | Saturated Fat: 8.73g | Cholesterol: 165.64mg | Sodium: 285.22mg | Potassium: 222.19mg | Fiber: 0.91g | Sugar: 25.07g | Vitamin A: 658.21IU | Vitamin C: 0.42mg | Calcium: 143.44mg | Iron: 1.99mg