This fluffy Chantilly cake is made with recent berries and layers of soppy vanilla sponge cake. To end, it is frosted with a lightweight and ethereal mascarpone whipped cream and adorned with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!
This Chantilly cake is the very best dessert combining gentle, layers of Genoise sponge cake, fluffy mascarpone Chantilly cream, and recent berries!
I all the time serve this berry Chantilly cake through the summer time when berries are at their peak. But it is also a improbable cake to serve all 12 months spherical, particularly throughout particular events like birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The base of Chantilly cake ought to all the time be a sponge cake. For this recipe, I used my Genoise recipe which requires a bain-marie however you can too use my Easy Sponge Cake recipe if you would like.
Step by Step Photos
- Bain-marie: In a big heat-proof bowl, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Place this bowl inside a big bowl that is been crammed with scorching water.
- Next, beat on excessive velocity till the eggs develop into foamy and enhance in quantity.
- The last stage needs to be the ribbon stage, the place the crushed eggs circulate down the whisk like a ribbon and maintain their form for 3 to 4 seconds. The colour needs to be pale yellow and the quantity needs to be at the least 3 instances the preliminary quantity.
- Sift the flour in three elements, gently folding after every time.
- Add the melted butter to the batter. Note: To assist incorporate the butter, combine about three heaping tablespoons of the batter with the melted butter.
- Gently fold the butter combination with the batter, being cautious to not deflate it.
- Pour the sponge cake batter right into a cake pan lined with parchment paper and bake.
Allow the cake to chill on a wire rack and take away all of the parchment paper. Slice into layers solely when the cake has utterly cooled.
Frost the vanilla sponge with the Chantilly cream and layer with your berries. Decorate and serve. Enjoy!
Berry Chantilly cake may be served proper after adorning, or you may retailer it within the fridge to arrange. I like to recommend serving this the day of or inside two days for the very best outcomes. Enjoy and blissful baking!
Chantilly Cake Tips
This fluffy Chantilly cake is made with recent berries and layers of soppy vanilla sponge cake. To end, it is frosted with a lightweight and ethereal mascarpone whipped cream and adorned with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
For the Vanilla Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the underside and sides of the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Whip Eggs: In a big heat-proof bowl, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Place this bowl inside a bigger bowl that is been crammed with scorching water (bain-marie). Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs on excessive velocity till gentle, fluffy, and pale yellow ribbons kind, about 8 to 10 minutes. Replace the recent water midway via because it cools down. See Note 1.
⅔ cup sugar, 4 eggs, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add Flour: Sift within the flour in three elements, gently folding after every time.
1 cup cake flour
- Add Butter: To assist incorporate the butter, combine 3 heaping spoonfuls of the batter into the warmed, melted butter. Next, gently fold the butter combination into the batter. See Note 2.
1 ¾ tablespoon butter
- Bake: Pour the batter into your cake pan and bake at 350°F till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. For one 9-inch spherical pan, about 25 minutes. For two 6-inch spherical pans, about 18 minutes.
- Cool: Remove all parchment paper and permit it to chill utterly on a cooling rack.
For the Mascarpone Chantilly Cream:
- Using a whisk attachment, beat the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar collectively till fluffy and mixed. Next, add ⅓ of the heavy whipping cream and blend on low. Once mixed, add the remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on excessive velocity till mild and fluffy.
2½ cups heavy whipping cream, 1⅓ cup powdered sugar, 12 oz mascarpone cheese, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake syrup: Make cake syrup by dissolving the sugar in scorching water. Set apart.
3 tablespoons sugar, ⅓ cup scorching water
Fill: Slice the cake into even layers utilizing a leveler. Working with the underside layer, brush on a layer of cake syrup then add a skinny layer of frosting. Top with berries and apply one other skinny layer of frosting on prime. Add the following layer of cake and repeat the earlier steps for the cake syrup, frosting, and berries. Note: Aim to make use of up all of the cake syrup as this provides moistness to the sponge layers.
2 ½ cups berries
- Decorate: Frost the highest and sides of the cake and enhance with extra berries. Serve and revel in!
✎ Recipe Notes
I extremely suggest utilizing a kitchen scale and the metric measurements supplied for the very best outcomes. Click on “Metric” below the elements record to entry gram measurements.
- Whipping eggs: It is important the egg combination is heat to the contact and the sugar is utterly dissolved for this step, thus requiring a bain-marie. See step-by-step photographs within the put up for the right ribbon stage. If you are searching for a sponge cake that does not require a bain-marie, strive my Easy Sponge Cake recipe.
- When including butter, it’s extremely straightforward to deflate the batter. Make positive the melted butter and batter are nonetheless heat. Cold temperatures will solidify the butter and deflate the batter. Fold very gently at this stage till simply mixed.
- Storage: Store adorned and crammed Chantilly cake within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
Calories: 834kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 39g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 246mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 2324IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1mg
There’s really no distinction. Chantilly cream is one other title for sweetened whipped cream.
It’s made from rounds of delicate sponge cake crammed and adorned with Chantilly cream and recent berries.