These fast and simple candied chestnuts make a implausible snack for Christmas! Soft, tender chestnuts are candied in a mix of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon for a scrumptious vacation snack!
Quick candied chestnuts are a pleasant deal with in the course of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays! They are candied with brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup and are prepared in solely quarter-hour.
This recipe will get you deliciously smooth and tender chestnuts coated in spiced sugar syrup. The candy and sticky glaze pairs completely with nutty, buttery chestnuts that make them a preferred aspect or snack for Christmas.
If you are a fan of marrons glacés, you may love how easy and simple that is to make. Unlike the standard French candied chestnut (marron glacé), this fast and simple recipe does not require days to make and requires no in a single day soaking. But you may nonetheless find yourself with deliciously candy, glazed chestnuts!
- Chestnuts – Use peeled and pre-cooked chestnuts. Roasted chestnuts are an excellent possibility along with store-bought chestnuts which might be already cooked.
- Sweetener – Brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup provides great taste.
- Butter – This provides a wealthy, buttery taste to those fast candied chestnuts.
- Spices – Use any spices you need. Cinnamon and nutmeg are glorious choices.
Steps for Quick-Candied Chestnuts
- Simply add the brown sugar, butter, water, salt, and cinnamon to a pot and convey it to a boil.
- Add the chestnuts and gently stir to coat them with the sweet syrup. Let the combination cut back till it is nearly gone. Serve and luxuriate in!
Quick Candied Chestnuts
These fast and simple candied chestnuts made a implausible deal with for Christmas! Soft, tender chestnuts are candied in a mix of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon for a scrumptious vacation snack
- Make sweet syrup: Add the water, brown sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon to a pot and convey to a boil over medium-high warmth.
1 ½ cup water, ⅓ cup brown sugar, 1½ tablespoons butter, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅓ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add chestnuts: Add the chestnuts and stir gently to coat them with the syrup, being cautious to not break aside the nuts. Let the combination boil uncovered till many of the liquid is diminished. Serve and luxuriate in!
2 cups chestnuts
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg