This selfmade bbq hen rub provides candy and smoky taste to your favourite lower of hen. Use it as a dry brine or together with your favourite bbq sauce.
Why Make This
- Pantry Staples: this selfmade spice rub makes use of easy spices that you simply most likely have already got in your pantry.
- Option with out sugar: most bbq seasoning blends embody brown sugar. This recipe does too, however was additionally examined with a brown sugar substitute. Rest assured that irrespective of the choice you select, you’ll be including a lot taste to your barbecue hen.
- Works with any piece of hen: whether or not you wish to make hen wings, shredded bbq hen, hen breasts or perhaps a entire hen, you should utilize this seasoning mix.
Making a flavorful selfmade spice rub is definitely fairly simple. Be positive to go to the recipe card beneath for the complete step-by-step directions and the ingredient quantities.
- Smoked Paprika: that is one among my favourite methods to present hen recipes a smoky style with none smoke or grilling.
- Cayenne Pepper: I personally like candy and spicy flavors in my bbq spice mixes, however you possibly can simply modify the spice stage through the use of extra, much less or none.
- Brown Sugar: You can use any mild brown sugar. In my kitchen, I have a tendency to make use of brown sugar substitute as a result of it tastes the identical as common brown sugar with out really having any sugar. If you need, you possibly can choose this up in lots of grocers within the baking aisle.
- Sea Salt: I exploit high-quality grain sea salt
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Dried Thyme
How to Make BBQ Rub for Chicken
- Add the entire spices to a glass mason jar.
- Shake or whisk till integrated.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Allow the bbq hen rub to take a seat on the meat: for further taste, I like to recommend permitting this bbq hen rub to take a seat on the meat for not less than 4 hours. This permits all of the flavors to combine with the meat. It additionally creates a syrup like coating that caramelizes when the meat is cooking.
- Apply the rub all around the meat, together with beneath and on the hen pores and skin. Your style buds will thanks.
- Adjust the prepare dinner time relying on the kind of hen: the cooking course of is totally different relying on the piece of hen. So, remember to prepare dinner your meat till the interior temperature is 165 levels.
- Use two tablespoons of per pound of hen: I’ve used this on hen components and an entire hen.
Storage and Leftovers
Store your leftover barbecue rub in an hermetic container for as much as 6 months. For greatest taste, remember to retailer it in a dry, darkish place.
When I make issues like my bbq wings or baked bbq hen thighs, I sit the dry rub on the meat in a single day (or not less than 4 hours).
Use the rub as a dry brine. I personally favor to make use of about two tablespoons of bbq rub for each pound of hen that I’m cooking. For greatest taste, it’s best to enable the rub to take a seat on the hen for not less than 4 hours. But, I’ve cooked bbq hen instantly.
BBQ Chicken Recipes
Use this BBQ Chicken Rub as a alternative for the spices in any of those recipes:
Then, you may make a bbq hen meal with any of those bbq hen sides.
BBQ Chicken Dry Rub
This selfmade bbq hen rub provides candy and smoky taste to hen. Use it as a dry brine or together with your favourite bbq sauce.
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- 2.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 3 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt high-quality
- ¾ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2.5 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
Calories: 18kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 0.2gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.02gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.02gSodium: 658mgPotassium: 30mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 0.4mg