These baked bbq rooster thighs are saucy, candy, and savory. They use simply 4 easy components like my home made bbq rooster rub and your favourite bbq sauce. Learn the right way to make the perfect bbq rooster thighs within the oven on busy nights with this simple dinner recipe.
Why Make These?
- Quick and Easy Recipe: This oven baked bbq rooster thighs recipe requires minimal prep and fundamental cooking expertise and has a fast prepare dinner time. It additionally makes use of easy components, most of which you in all probability have in your kitchen.
- Smoky and Tasty (with out grilling): You’ll obtain the smoky barbecue flavors with out turning on the grill.
- Works together with your favourite sides: these bbq baked rooster thighs go together with nearly any bbq rooster facet dish, making this the proper weeknight meal or addition to meal prep.
- Chicken thighs: I’m utilizing uncooked, boneless skinless rooster thighs with as a lot fats trimmed off as doable.
- BBQ rooster rub: this home made brown sugar dry rub is a superb addition to any bbq rooster recipe. It contains issues like onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder and extra.
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- BBQ Sauce: I want any hickory or Kansas City fashion bbq sauce, however your favourite barbecue sauce works. You can even make this with home made bbq sauce – it’s simpler to make than you assume with frequent components like ketchup, scorching sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
How To Make Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425 levels. Add the rooster to a big mixing bowl with the bbq rooster rub and oil. Mix till the entire rooster is coated.
- Add the rooster in a single layer to a broiler-protected baking dish (or rimmed baking sheet) and prepare dinner it within the preheated oven for quarter-hour.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and brush the meat with ½ cup bbq sauce (make sure you coat all sides of the rooster). Return the baking dish to the oven and prepare dinner for 10-15 extra minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and brush the meat with ¼ cup extra bbq sauce. Broil on excessive for two-3 minutes to char the rooster thighs. Brush with the remaining sauce.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Unroll the rooster thighs to get the spices in when coating.
- Put the meat in a single layer and preserve it flat on the baking dish to make sure it cooks evenly.
- If you need, let the rooster marinate (dry brine) for just a few hours earlier than cooking for additional barbecue taste.
- End with a better temperature: I broil these oven-baked rooster thighs with additional sauce to get the charred look and among the flavors you’d anticipate once you grill barbecue rooster thighs.
- Adjust the prepare dinner time for bone-in or pores and skin-on rooster thighs: the cooking course of for these usually takes about 5-10 minutes longer. For pores and skin-on rooster thighs, I want to make these bone-in air fryer bbq rooster thighs since that’s the best technique to crisp the pores and skin.
- Use parchment paper or aluminum foil for simple cleanup – merely line your baking tray
Storage & Leftovers
You can retailer your leftover rooster in an hermetic container for 3-5 days.
It takes 25-half-hour to prepare dinner rooster thighs within the oven. I make my baked bbq rooster thighs at 425 levels for quarter-hour per facet, then broil the meat for two-3 minutes.
It’s nearly inconceivable to overcook rooster thighs within the oven, however you possibly can dry them out by cooking them on excessive warmth for too lengthy.
More BBQ Chicken Thigh Recipes
Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs rooster thighs uncooked, boneless and skinless, with as a lot fats trimmed off as doable
- ¼ cup bbq rooster rub
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce hickory or Kansas City fashion bbq sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 levels.
- Add the rooster thighs to a big mixing bowl with the bbq rooster rub and oil. Mix till the entire rooster is coated. Be positive to unroll the rooster thighs to get spices within the center.
- Add the rooster in a single layer to a broiler-protected baking dish. Be positive to maintain the meat flat in order that it cooks evenly.
- Cook the rooster within the preheated oven for quarter-hour.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Brush the meat with ½ cup bbq sauce. Be positive to coat all sides of the rooster.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and prepare dinner for 15 extra minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Brush the meat with ¼ cup extra bbq sauce.
- Broil on excessive for two-3 minutes to char the rooster thighs and brown among the bbq sauce.
- Brush with remaining sauce and prime with contemporary chopped parsley earlier than serving.
Calories: 363kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 19gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 458mgPotassium: 366mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 363IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 4mg