Asian sesame broccoli salad made with crisp broccoli & a tangy garlic sesame oil dressing. A wholesome Asian broccoli salad that is vegan, low carb, keto, and paleo! Delicious as a Korean broccoli facet dish!
This Asian sesame broccoli salad is crunchy, zesty, garlicky, and stuffed with sesame taste! It’s made with a easy dressing of toasted garlic, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add in some pink pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
This can also be nice as a Korean broccoli facet dish (banchan). I all the time look ahead to getting this sesame broccoli facet dish once I go to Korean eating places and normally find yourself asking for seconds.
Why You’ll Love This Asian Sesame Broccoli Salad
- Everyone can take pleasure in this!
- low carb & keto pleasant
- may be tailored to be gluten free.
- Can be made forward the day earlier than and tastes even higher
- Full of fiber and nutritional vitamins
Serve as a Korean Broccoli Side Dish
I really like making a giant batch of this to have as a Korean broccoli facet dish and saving it for the remainder of the week. It tastes even higher the next day as a result of the broccoli has had time to soak up extra of the flavors. Make this scrumptious facet dish to go together with any Asian meals.
How to Make Asian Sesame Broccoli Salad
First, blanch the broccoli florets. Blanching is the method of shortly cooking one thing in boiling water after which shortly cooling it down with an ice water tub or chilly operating water. Blanching does a number of issues: it preserves the nutritional vitamins within the broccoli, brightens the colour, removes the sting from uncooked broccoli, and makes it barely tender whereas nonetheless retaining the crunchy texture.
You can see beneath within the photographs the broccoli is a a lot brighter inexperienced colour after blanching:
Next you wish to costume the broccoli within the garlic sesame dressing. The garlic is barely cooked in oil earlier than including in the remainder of the dressing substances. The motive for that is to take away a number of the sharp style of the uncooked garlic and infuse the oil with garlic taste.
You can serve this instantly however I like to recommend letting this sit for about an hour for even higher taste. You may also serve this Asian sesame broccoli salad chilled by letting it sit within the fridge or serve it at room temperature.
- Blanch the broccoli: Bring a big pot of water to a boil and add in a beneficiant pinch of salt after the water boils. Boil the broccoli florets for 1 minute after which place the broccoli right into a bowl of ice water or run it beneath chilly operating water to cease the cooking course of. This helps brighten the colour and retain the crunchiness of the broccoli whereas eradicating a number of the uncooked style. Drain the broccoli very effectively from the ice tub and set it apart. Excess water will dilute the dressing.
- Make the dressing: In a small pot, warmth the minced garlic and olive oil till the garlic begins to sizzle and turns into aromatic. Remove it from the warmth and add within the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, black and white sesame seeds, and chili pepper flakes.
- Mix the broccoli with the dressing and season it with salt and pepper. The longer the broccoli sits within the dressing, the extra taste it is going to soak up. This tastes the most effective after about an hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1413IU | Vitamin C: 203mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg